Today on the Ticker: Some progress for women’s uniforms, lots of soccer news, and more.
- The Phillies did not wear their cream unis for game one of their doubleheader yesterday despite their policy of wearing them when playing home day games. That’s because there isn’t usually enough time for teams to set up two uniforms for a doubleheader.
- The Red Sox continue to do really well in their City Connect unis. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- The Orioles usually wear their black alternates in Friday night home games. But now that they wear City Connect jerseys for those games, they wore their black jerseys last night. (From Andrew Cosentino)
- New unis for the Yokohama DeNA Bay Stars of Nippon Professional Baseball for their upcoming Star Night. The uniform design has the outlines of Yokohama Stadium and its seats. (From Jeremy Brahm)
- Broncos head coach Sean Payton doesn’t want players wearing “Gilligan hats” (aka bucket hats) on the sidelines during their first preseason game. (From Mike Chamernik)
- The Washington Post has ranked all the uniforms that are set to debut this season. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- This Deadspin article says the NFL is going way too far when it comes to enforcement. (Also from Phil)
- New uniforms for UAB will be unveiled today. (From Phil)
- The Red Wings did a survey asking fans how they would feel if the team were to get a mascot or an alternate uniform. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- England: New third kit for Manchester United. More details on their red shorts here. (From multiple readers)
- Staying in the Premier League: An adult website has offered £40 million to be Chelsea’s next shirt advertiser. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- New third shirt for Leeds United of the Championship. (From our own Anthony Emerson)
- Also from Anthony: Here’s a graphic showing different number fonts from Real Madrid, which document each of their Champions League victories.
- France: New kits for Red Star of Championnat National. (Also from Phil)
- Morocco center-back Nouhaila Benzina, who’s the first player at a senior women’s World Cup to wear a hijab, was just added to FIFA 23, with a hijab. Our own Jamie Rathjen says he thinks Benzina was missing from Morocco’s team before that, but didn’t check.
- Also from Jamie: Scottish women’s club Glasgow City has two new shirts.
- Reader Kevin Cearfoss’s latest 3D wall art creation is the Masters logo, a gift for his mom.
- Here are the official 2023 U.S. Open uniforms. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- New unis for Notre Dame women’s. (From gjmarmet)
- Here are all of Errea’s jerseys for the upcoming men’s and women’s EuroVolley. (From Jeremy Brahm)