In today’s Ticker, we’ve got some Winter Classic leaks, a leak from a major college football program, and more!
- With the departure of Luis Urías to the Red Sox, Brewers IF Brice Turang has switched from No. 0 to Urías’s old No. 2. (From Mike Chamernik)
- During last night’s Hall of Fame Game, officials were wearing “BL” patches on their caps in memory of longtime official Bill Leavy, who passed away in March. (From @footballzebras)
- Also in last night’s game, one of the Browns rookie QBs had a super long NOB! Former Tickerer Mike Chamernik asks, “Is it a record?”
- A retail version of Florida’s long-rumored but as yet unreleased BFBS alternates has been discovered. (Thanks, Phil)
- Stanford has mercifully done away with the black number outline on their uniforms. (From Connor Russell)
- Here’s one blogger’s ranking of the top five alternate helmets in Michigan State program history. (From Kary Klismet)
- Also from Kary, Tulsa has given a sneak peak of its new sideline mascot and is asking for public input on its name.
- Colorado is the latest school to go SMHOB — social media handle on back. Fortunately, they won’t be worn in-game. (Thanks, Phil)
- The Cardiff Devils of Britain’s Elite Ice Hockey League have unveiled a new primary logo. (From Ben Isaacs)
- New court for UConn. (From Ryan Bugaj)
- England: Sky Sports reported on Tom Brady becoming a part-owner of Championship side Birmingham City with a graphic of Brady in a Birmingham City-inspired American football uniform. Looks like they just took a picture of Brady from last year and color-swapped the Buccaneers maroon for Birmingham blue and threw on a club crest. (From Bill O’Hara)
- Union College has changed its mascot from the Dutchmen and Dutchwomen to the Garnet Chargers. (From Mic Foley)