Today on the Ticker: A hockey team makes some concept jerseys, some baseball news, and more.
- The Jersey Shore Blue Claws, affiliate of the Phillies, are wearing alternates this Saturday. (From John Cerone)
- Reader Kevin Cearfoss’s latest 3D wall art creation is the University of Minnesota’s gopher mascot playing baseball.
- New helmet for Steelers QB Kenny Pickett. He’s hoping this helmet will protect him more after he suffered two concussions last season. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- Virginia WR Suderian Harrison went to the same high school as WR Lavel Davis, one of the players killed in a shooting last year, so he gets Davis’s No. 1 this season. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)
- Red/white/red for Louisville this Friday. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- Mono-black for Mizzou tomorrow against South Dakota. (Also from Phil)
- The Bruins will unveil three new sweaters next month. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- The Capitals have made their own jerseys for baseball, football, soccer, and basketball, and they’re giving them away as promotions this season. (Also from Phil)
- This sportswriter mulls the options the Flames have for their upcoming Heritage Classic uniforms. (One more from Phil)
- Here are the uniforms all 32 teams will wear in this year’s FIBA men’s World Cup. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- Which defunct sports teams had the best uniforms? (From Phil)