Today on the ticker: More Premier League news, Guardian Caps on NFL helmets, poutine in CFL helmets, and an Army division will get to keep its Confederate-themed patch.
- Both the Dodgers and the Royals will wear throwbacks when they face each other Aug. 13. The Dodgers will wear Brooklyn Dodger unis from 1947, and the Royals will wear KC Monarchs Negro League throwbacks from 1945. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- Astros C Christian Vazquez and 1B Trey Mancini will wear No. 9 and No. 26 for the club, respectively. (From multiple readers)
- A fan at the Nationals-affiliated Wilmington Blue Rocks wore a Birmingham Barons Michael Jordan jersey last night. Jordan played for the Barons, the White Sox’ affiliate, in 1994. (From Matthew Aungst)
- Here’s the uniform schedule for the Panthers. (From multiple readers)
- Here’s what different Packers players feel about wearing Guardian Caps.
- The Bears have put NOBs on their practice jerseys. Here are last year’s jerseys for comparison. (From Thomas Juettner)
- Reader @GonzoDidThis rendered all 32 primary NFL helmets in matte black.
- Possible renovation proposals for Paul Brown Stadium, home of the Bengals, have been released. (From our own Brinke Guthrie)
- Utah’s new helmet design honors former RB Ty Jordan and former CB Aaron Lowe who died in 2020 and 2021, respectively. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- The Alouettes’ concessions will be selling poutine out of a helmet bowl this season. (From Mike Styczen)
- Boone High School (FL) WR Aiden Mizell used live gators to announce his commitment to Florida. (From Max Weintraub)
- MLS: Here’s the shirt the Liga MX All-Stars will wear for the MLS All-Star Game. (From @1Flaco_P)
- England: There are new uni-related rules for the Premier League. All clubs are required to have three goalie kits. In addition, potential color blindness issues must be considered when clubs choose which kits they will wear against each other. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)
- England: Here’s a ranking of every Premier League kit. (From Tom Moore)
- England: And yet another ranking of this season’s Premier League kits. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- England: Here’s a patch history for the Premier League, including gold champions patches. (From multiple readers)
- Spain: New corporate name for La Liga. (From Ed Zelaski)
- Netherlands: Ajax has banned fans from bringing in signs asking for players’ shirts. (From @texastrevor)
- New shirts for Idaho State. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- The U.S. Army’s 29th Infantry Division will keep its Confederate-themed patch, but the language behind it will be updated. (From Timmy Donahue)