In today’s Ticker, we’ve got a couple of number retirement announcements, some Texans rumors, and more!
- Yesterday, the Mets announced that they will be retiring Darryl Strawberry’s No. 18 and Doc Gooden’s No. 16. A long overdue move for two of the most iconic players of their 1986 team. (From multiple readers)
- The Giants will wear San Francisco Sea Lions unis tomorrow to honor the Negro Leagues. (Thanks, Phil)
- Guardians P Gavin Williams’ John Adams memorial patch was coming unstuck yesterday. (From Colin Wimbles)
- The wonderful Twitter account @JayCuda posted a fun puzzle yesterday: Can you match the team to their specific shade of red? Answer is here.
- We already knew that the Texans were exploring new uniforms for the future, but Texans CEO Cal McNair and Texans Foundation VP Hannah McNair both dropped hints that the team could be moving in a more Oilers-esque direction. (Thanks, Paul)
- The Chargers will retire Charlie Joiner’s No. 18 and Kellen Winslow’s No. 80 this season. (Thanks, Phil)
- The Ravens will add Terrell Suggs to their Ring of Honor this season. (From Andrew Cosentino)
- The Denver Broncos have unveiled the newly-upgraded scoreboard at their stadium. (From Kary Klismet)
- The Golden Knights will have a new center ice design this coming season.
- Team Europe has unveiled their uniforms for the Solheim Cup. (Thanks, Phil)
- New logo for Washington State Parks. (From Noah Cohan)
- This can for Iron City Light has banners representing each of Pittsburgh’s major professional sports titles, but for some reason it shows the Steelers’ Super Bowl X victory before their Super Bowl IX victory. (From Jon Keefer)
- Central Connecticut State University has updated its nonathletic logos. (From Craig Bryant)