Today, we’ve got two new arena names in Arizona, a new uni set for a major junior hockey team, and a video game/uni collaboration in Korea.
- The Rockies’ schedule release also gave us a look at the 30th anniversary logo that will be in use next year. No word on whether it will be worn as a uni patch or not. (From Andrew Lacy)
- Blue Jays OF Teoscar Hernández has been wearing blue 2-in-1s lately, but last night he wore red 2-in-1s. (From Matt Cimetti)
- The Giants have started selling merch with the city’s “San Fran” nickname, famously hated by San Franciscans. (From multiple readers)
- The Cubs used the theme from the CTA map signs posted posted in el-trains to announce their 2023 schedule. (From Robert Turning)
- The Mets used the old Marlins logo for their schedule announcement. (From multiple readers)
- The El Paso Chihuahuas, Triple-A affiliates of the Padres, will wear one-off unis in collaboration with Cheese-Flavored Snack Brand We Won’t Put Here on September 3. The jerseys will, of course, be made to look like the packaging of said Cheese-Flavored Snack Brand. (Thanks, Phil)
- The NC Dinos of the KBO League have unveiled special one-off unis in collaboration with the massively multiplayer video game Throne and Liberty, which is hugely popular in Korea. (From Jeremy Brahm)
- The Dolphins are handing out an orange jersey to whomever had the best showing in the previous practice. (Thanks, Paul)
- With college football (Week 0) kicking off this weekend, here’s a look at all the new uniforms and helmets so far this year. (Thanks, Phil)
- Navy OL Kip Frankland is wearing No. 68 this season in honor of David Forney, another Navy lineman who died suddenly 2020. (Thanks, Jamie)
- New uni set for Louisiana-Monroe. (From Matthew Petit)
- New uni set for SUNY-Brockport.
- Here’s a cement mixing truck carrying the Calgary Stampeders’ logo and with the cement mixer painted like a football! (From @PhillyPartTwo)
- It looks like Fanatics accidentally leaked the basic designs for this year’s Reverse Retro unis. Some notable ones: the return of the Pooh Bear for the Bruins, the return of RoboPen for the Penguins, a “Sharks” wordmark rendered in the California Golden Seals’ typeface, and the return of the Gorton’s Fisherman for the Islanders. (Thanks, Phil)
- Arizona State University has announced that their new multipurpose arena — where the Coyotes are playing this year — will be named “Mullett Arena” in honor of the Mullett family, major donors to ASU’s hockey program. In a related note, the Coyotes old arena has a new corporate name as well. (From Wade Heidt)
- The Chicago hockey team has announced uniform numbers for their newcomers. (Thanks, Phil)
- Whenever Heat PF Udonis Haslem decides to retire, the team will retire his No. 40. The Miami native is now the longest-tenured active player in the NBA, and has played all 20 seasons with the Heat.
- New shirts for Nicaraguan club Cacique Diriangén. (From Ed Zelaski)
- New logo for Rolling Stone magazine, thumbing its nose at the flat design trend.
More on Uni Watch