In today’s ticker, we’ve got an inaccurate Giants bobblehead, bad news out of Volunteers football, and a fun MLB graphic design project.
- Reader Danny Kauffman noticed some uni inconsistencies with the Gabe Kapler bobblehead he got at Wednesday night’s Giants game. “The Giants alternate cap is paired with the standard home jersey, a look that hasn’t been worn since 2014. [The jersey is] NNOB, which was discontinued after 2020.”
- Cardinals IF Brendan Donovan wore Yadier Molina’s jersey in the dugout during yesterday’s game as a prank on Molina. (From Andy Zare)
- Artist Parker Higgins tweeted a handful of MLB logos combined with logos for their cities’ mass transit systems. (From multiple readers)
- The Mets are in the process of moving their championship banners to above the right field grandstand. (From @_RF30)
- New helmets for Elkhart High School in Indiana. Terry Mark writes in: “It has sublimated Elkhart Central Blue Blazers and Elkhart Memorial Crimson Chargers logos sublimated in the blue stripe. The thin red stripe is a callback to Elkhart Memorial’s crimson. The blue and gold of Elkhart High School also bring together one of each of its predecessors’ former colors, albeit in a different shade. Elkhart Central colors were blue and white, and Elkhart Memorial was crimson and gold.”
- The Premier Hockey Federation (formerly the NWHL) has a new team in Montreal, and they’ve filed trademarks for the name “Force Montreal.” (Thanks, Jamie)
- The latest version of the NBA 2K series will introduce a new game mode allowing players to take control of a franchise in 1983, 1992 or 2002, and play through NBA history from then on. Not only will rules and strategies evolve over the course of the game — logo and uni changes, court changes, expansions, relocations, and broadcast packages will all be updated as time in the game moves on. Even the length of players’ shorts will evolve over time. The mode will only be present on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S versions of the game, so gamers with older generation consoles and PC gamers will miss out.
- The USMNT’s 2022 World Cup kit has apparently been leaked. Let’s hope it’s a fake, because if it isn’t…yeesh. (Thanks, Phil)