In today’s Ticker, we’ve got a minor league team’s fan-designed uniforms, bizarre military appreciation unis in Taiwan, and more!
- I wonder what’s up with these strange-colored seats in the upper deck of the Astrodome. Reader Jeff Stark noticed that while watching the new documentary Facing Nolan.
- Dubious honor for the Giants, as they become the first team with different versions of their ad patch on different uniforms. The ad patch on the City Connect uni is a stripped-down version of the usual one, probably because of the prominent design elements on the City Connect jersey sleeve. (From Bradley Stamell)
- The Sugar Land Space Cowboys, Triple-A affiliates of the Astros, will wear fan-designed unis this weekend. (From Ignacio Salazar)
- The CPBL’s Rakuten Monkeys wore some rather bizarre military appreciation uniforms recently, complete with American football-style numbers on the front. (From Jeremy Brahm)
- We are now entering season four of the Patriots’ current uni set, and the team is apparently still recycling pants from the previous uni set. The pants QB Bailey Zappe is wearing in this photo feature a thicker blue stripe and thinner red stripes, consistent with the Brady-era uni set, but not what the team currently wears on the rare occasion they pull out the silver pants. (From @SmokinJimmy)
- Lions QB Teddy Bridgewater is evidently negotiating to get his preferred No. 5, currently in the possession of RB David Montgomery. (From Brandon Weir)
- The Commanders have announced their home jersey schedule. (From multiple readers)
- A blogger has picked the best and worst uniforms for each NFL team. (Thanks, Phil)
- New Jets RB Dalvin Cook will wear No. 33. (Thanks, Phil)
- Minnesota has some new alternate helmets. (Thanks, J.A. Scott)
- Here’s every one-off jersey that the SPHL’s Peoria Rivermen will be wearing this season. (Thanks, Phil)
- A guy dressed like a soccer referee is handing out yellow and red cards to Toronto’s worst drivers. (Thanks, Phil)