Today on the Ticker: Lots of football news, a real throwback baseball team, and more.
- You can get a painting of Elmo wearing your club’s jersey. (From S. Preston)
- The New Hampshire Fisher Cats, affiliate of the Blue Jays, will wear hockey-themed sweaters later this month. (From Chris Shepard)
- The Sugar Land Space Cowboys, affiliate of the Astros, wore a “DJ4” patch last night to honor special advisor Deacon Jones, former 1B for the White Sox and Sugar Land resident. Jones died in May at 89. (From Ignacio Salazar)
- Now that the league has allowed players to wear No. 0, here are a few zeroes on why they chose to wear the number. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- Patriots RB Ezekiel Elliott will wear No. 15 with the team. (Also from Phil)
- Here’s a collection of rankings documenting the Cardinals’ new uniforms. (One more from Phil)
- Newly-signed Lions QB Teddy Bridgewater jokingly said he will wear No. 50 with the club; in fact, that’s the number he currently has on the Lions’ roster. (From Brandon Weir)
- Unless you’re Marshawn Lynch’s kid, here’s a pair of Seahawks and Raiders infant Frankenpants that no one asked for. (From Ted Taylor)
- Saints LB Rickey Jackson had a caricature of then-coach Bum Phillips on his hand towel in a 1983 away game against the Eagles. (From Christopher Hickey)
- Also from Christopher: There’s lots going on in this photo of Bills QB Joe Ferguson: tape on the ear hole, sleeve numbers are off, sleeve stripes are cut off, and Ferguson looks like he’s wearing a jacket as a base layer. Christopher isn’t a big fan of the blue pants either.
- At least one sportswriter is disappointed by Nebraska’s new unis.
- Maryland football released its “Theme Days” for the upcoming 2023 season. (Thanks, Phil)
- New tweaks for Texas State, with changes found mainly in the sleeve stripes. The school looks like it’s using the new Adidas template too. Here’s the old uni for reference. (From @talltexan89)
- New floor for the University of Tennessee.