Today on the ticker: I still call it Paul Brown Stadium, a one-off shirt in the Premier League, and sure it costs money, but the Army is doing the right thing.
- The Saints will wear their alternate black helmets on Oct. 2 in London. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- New corporate name for the Bengals’ stadium. (From Mike Chamernik)
- Here’s the Commanders’ jersey schedule for home games next season. It includes the one preseason game so in the regular season it’s burgundy four times, white three times, and black twice. (From our own Jamie Rathjen)
- Here’s the Falcons’ uni schedule. (From Jack Daley)
- “Check out this Brady jersey I just spotted in the wild at a concert in West Michigan,” says RJ Nordlund. “It’s the old Bucs alarm clock jersey but with current jersey number font. I wonder if that set would have lasted longer had they actually used this font on the uniform.”
- New uniforms for Delaware.
- The German Basketball Federation will retire Mavericks PF Dirk Nowitzki’s number. (From our own Phil Hecken)
- England: Newcastle United’s men’s team is wearing a one-off shirt for their Premier League game next weekend against Brighton and Hove Albion because all three of their shirts would clash with Brighton. (From multiple readers)
Give the Gift of Uni Watch!
This holiday season, I hope you’ll consider getting a Uni Watch Plus subscription or a Uni Watch Premium subscription — or both! — for a friend, family member, or colleague who Gets It™. In addition to spreading the gospel of athletics aesthetics, you’ll also be helping out Uni Watch, which depends on reader support. Think how much fun it’ll be to have someone else in your life who you can talk about Uni Watch with!