On today’s ticker: all the alt’s and oddities for today’s NFL games, a bunch of NHL Reverse Retros debuted and more!
- The Chunichi Dragons have announced new uniforms for the 2023 season. (From Jeremy Brahm)
- The Yakult Swallows add two new alternates for the 2023 season. (Also from Jeremy Brahm) The one on the left is…something.
- There’s a small baseball exhibit right now with some fun old unis at the Vanderbilt Mansion in Hyde Park, NY. (From Max Weintraub)
- NFL Alts & Oddities today:
- Cleveland will live up to its nickname today, as they’ll wear their all-brown CR uniforms against Tampa Bay, who will counter by going pewter/white/pewter.
- The Washington Commanders are scheduled to wear their alternate black vs. the Atlanta Falcons.
- Jacksonville will go black/black/teal (with black socks) against the Ravens in black/white/purple.
- The NY Jets will again wear their all black alternates against da Bears. In their 10 previous games so far this season, the Gang Green have worn neither green jerseys nor green pants.
- Tennessee will wear navy/light blue/navy vs. the Bengals, who will counter with orange/white/white (with black socks).
- The Eagles will debut their alternate black helmets, and pair those with their alt black unis for SNF against the Packers.
- Apparently Dak Prescott uses a picture of himself (in uniform) as his phone wallpaper. Submitter Marc Burgess adds, “Also attire related — is it me, or does his hoodie look like it has a blank name plate on the back?”
- Ohhh. Check out this vintage color vs. color action between Tennessee and Vanderbilt. (From Lee Wilds)
- On Friday night, the San Jose Sharks debuted their new Seals-inspired RR uniforms. And they are, in a word, spectacular.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs have added a shoulder patch in memory of Börje Salming, who passed away a couple days ago. Here’s a look at the patch on the players. (From James Beattie)
- The Colorado Avalanche debuted their new Reverse Retros last night.
- And the Vegas Golden Knights also debuted their Reverse Retros last night, and these, um … glow in the dark.
- The QMJHL’s Cape Breton Eagles wore special uniforms for Reconciliation at the Rink night on Friday. (From Wade Heidt)
- The OHL’s Hamilton Bulldogs have unveiled their new warm-up jerseys to honour the Indiginous Community. (From Wade Heidt)
- The London Knights are a junior ice hockey team from London, Ontario, Canada, and their new sweaters have leaked. (From Mayan Sabuwala)
- World Cup: Japan’s team had the power of Blue Lock on its side in its stunning victory against the four-time champion Germany in the World Cup.
- Japan: Here is Takumi Minamino putting a badge onto his Japanese jersey. (From Jeremy Brahm)
- Germany: Possible new kits for Bayern Munich.
- Mexico/Argentina: When you are a Messi fan but are Mexican. (via Paul)
- Twenty years after playing a major role in Syracuse’s first NCAA Basketball Championship, Gerry McNamara ’06 and Hakim Warrick ’05 will have their Orange jerseys retired by the school.
- Right from the jump, Ice Cube wanted everything in Big3 to look sharp. “Ugly uniforms make me cringe.”
- Here are all of the logos for the different events with the Japanese basketball B-League All-Star Game in Mito, Ibaraki in January. Mito was to host Two years ago but was canceled due to Covid. (From Jeremy Brahm)
- Sumo is dependent on dirt-mud and how do you take a convention center floor and make it into a sumo arena? This is for the Kyushu Basho always in this venue in Fukuoka in November. (From Jeremy Brahm)
- Michael MPH says, “These NLL (National Lax League) Wings and Georgia Swarm Native Heritage unis (last) night’s preseason game at Tsha’ Thoñ’nhes Arena on the Onondaga Nation Reservation near Syracuse are incredible.”