The Arizona Cardinals tonight unveiled the new uniform set that we’ve all been waiting to see. I’ll have a more detailed assessment on Friday morning, but here are the basics:
- Silver has been added as an accent color throughout the uniform set, including a new silver facemask on the primary helmet.
- Aside from the new mask, the helmet is largely unchanged. The side logos are slightly larger, but most fans won’t even notice that.
- The red home jersey has a big “Arizona” wordmark across the chest. My initial thought is that the lettering seems to be sitting fairly low, due to Nike’s new tailoring template.
- All three uniforms were presented with matching jersey and pant colors: red over red for the home uniform, mono-white on the road, and mono-black for the alternate (the team’s third different BFBS uniform, which must surely be some kind of record). It’s not yet clear whether the white and red elements will be mixed and matched.
- The number font is fairly conventional, although the numerals are pockmarked with little dot perforations.
- Speaking of numbers: The red jersey has TV numbers; the white and black jerseys do not.
- They’re still putting the team logo above the nameplate.
- The one unchanged uniform component carried over from the previous set is the black alternate helmet.
Again, I’ll have a more thorough and detailed assessment on Friday morning. See you then.