Good morning, and happy Hanukkah to all who began observing last night!
Now then: It took quite a while, but the Jets finally wore their green jerseys yesterday. First time all season that they’ve done that. Naturally, because this team can’t do anything right aesthetically, they had to ruin it by going mono-green (additional photos here). I’m about as big a green booster as you’ll ever find — I have a green sofa, green towels, green sheets, green rugs, quite a bit of green clothing, and a green-themed website — but not even I think this uni combo is a good idea.
As it turned out, that was just the start of yesterday’s mono-combo shenanigans. Here’s what else unfolded around the league:
- The Jags went mono-black:
- The Panthers went black over black but did not wear their new black alternate helmets:
- The Saints also went black over black (not unusual for them, but it seems worth mentioning because of all the other black-clad teams yesterday):
- The Bucs went mono-pewter, which is really one of the worst looks in the league:
- The Commies went mono-burgundy:
- The Chargers wore their royal-over-royal alternates:
- In happier news, the Eagles and Bears played a very good-looking game in Chicago:
“I’ll take that” –@kyler_gordon, 2022
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) December 18, 2022
- In that same game, the Eagles’ sideline tablets were apparently frozen, because they were heating them up:
- Speaking of the Eagles, there’s this (disclaimer: I have not fact-checked it):
The Eagles have now won 9 straight games against animal mascot teams. They will not face another animal team the rest of the 2022 regular season. #Animalytics
— Jimmy Kempski (@JimmyKempski) December 18, 2022
- Not a single home team wore white.
As for tonight, it’s the Rams vs. the Packers,
(Big thanks to Jonathan Safron for the Eagles tablet photo.)