Paul here, making a quick cameo to let you know that web developer John Ekdahl and I have made a few subtle but worthwhile updates to the site, mostly in response to reader feedback and requests. We’ve been phasing these in over the past week or so, so you may have noticed some of them already, but here’s a quick rundown:
- On the home page, Tickers are now listed along with non-Ticker articles in the “Recent Posts” listing.
- Also on the home page, each post now carries a time stamp (which is new) in addition to the date (which we had all along).
- Still on the home page: For the large showcased posts at the top of the page, there’s now a thin horizontal divider line in between the posts. (Some people had said that it was sometimes unclear which photo went with which story.)
- There is now a link for RSS feeds at the bottom of every site page.
- Due to a tech glitch, the time stamps for reader comments were being listed twice. That has now been fixed.
We’ll have more upgrades and features to announce soon as part of Uni Watch Plus, the optional program that we plan to roll out when I return to the site full-time on Sept. 1. Stay tuned for that, and thanks again for all your feedback on the site’s new format.