Sunday Morning Uni Watch

Click to enlarge

Paul here, pinch-hitting for Phil, who has the weekend off. The Rams wore their throwbacks yesterday against the 49ers. It marked the third different horn color they’ve worn in three weeks — gold against the Falcons on Dec. 11, white against the Seahawks on Dec. 15, and now yellow against the Niners.

I’m sure there was lots of other uni-notable action yesterday, but I was out and about doing holiday stuff and didn’t have time to pay attention to football — sorry. The comments are open, so feel free to discuss stuff among yourselves.

Meanwhile: Santa’s leaving something extra under the tree for three dozen lucky Uni Watch readers this year — the winners of our annual year-end raffle. Here are those three dozen winners, and the prizes they’ve won:

1. Uni Watch membership ”” David Forbes*
31. Another Two Five T-shirt ”” Scott Kaplan
32. Two Five thermal pullover ”” Lisa Hill
33. Another Two Five pullover ”” Dan Sym
34. Lehigh Valley IronPigs cap ”” Alex Putelo
35. Uni Watch magnifying glass ”” Josh Wilson
36. Oklahoma City Hornets sneakers ”” Aaron Johnson

*David Forbes, get in touch to let me know the particulars of what you want for your membership card.

**Eric Sawyer, get in touch to let me know which team’s uniform you’d like for your wallet lining.

Congrats to the winners, and thanks to all who entered. It may take me a week or so to get all of these items, packed, addressed, and shipped. Thanks for your patience.

I’ll be busy with Christmas stuff today. Whatever your plans are, please accept my best wishes for a great holiday. Peace. ”” Paul

(My thanks to Carrie Klein for her creative assistance with today’s post.)

17 comments to Sunday Morning Uni Watch

• Memphis Bill | December 25, 2016 at 8:07 am |

Congrats to all the winners. Merry Christmas to all uniwatchers and thanks to Paul and Phil and Mike for another great year on this site.

It’s a daily must read for the content and the comments too.

• Brendon | December 25, 2016 at 8:32 am |

Just out of curiosity what’s the Rams record in their throwbacks? Is it just me or do they lose a lot in them

• Requis | December 25, 2016 at 8:38 am |

I think that the Rams just lose a lot period

• Mangler | December 25, 2016 at 8:42 am |

Congratulations to all the raffle winners; enjoy your prizes. Merry “I’m still calling it” Christmas to all!

• Callum Johnston | December 25, 2016 at 11:00 am |

I have to say, it’s real nice to see the Rams playing in such a lovely, old fashioned stadium as the Coliseum. My apologies to the people of St. Louis.

• DarkAudit | December 25, 2016 at 11:10 am |

Is it just me, or is that one of the best looking pictures of the entire NFL season? Two classic looks in a classic venue.

• SoCalDrew | December 25, 2016 at 1:23 pm |

As nature intended.

• traxel | December 25, 2016 at 1:32 pm |

I agree! That photo makes it look like the Rams never left. Also, it is not too often anymore to see on field photos where you can see trees in the background. Rather nostalgic to see things like trees, parked cars, roads, etc. and game action at the same time.

• Jason | December 25, 2016 at 11:24 am |

Except for the Hyundai ads over the peristyles.

• Trey Volk | December 25, 2016 at 11:44 am |

Here is an odd note: The Cleveland Browns have now worn their new set of uniforms for 31 games (last season was the first year of the new threads). Their record in the new set is 4-27 (3-13 last season and off to a 1-14 start this year.) The interesting note: Yesterday marked their FIRST WIN in their PRIMARY HOME JERSEY (Previously won in WHITE twice and ORANGE once) since they got new uniforms. Leave it to the Browns to finally win a game in their BROWN jerseys almost two full seasons into wearing them. Merry F***in’ Christmas, Cleveland! Best wishes to everyone. Happy Holidays

• Phil Hecken | December 25, 2016 at 12:05 pm |

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah to all Uni Watchers.

And to those who don’t celebrate either, good tidings to you as well.

Here’s to 2017… I’m sure most of us look forward to turning the page on this year.

Peace.

• Bryan Moore | December 25, 2016 at 12:56 pm |

Merry Christmas to all of you!

• Kyle | December 25, 2016 at 4:01 pm |

Well dang it Eric Sawyer. Got excited when I saw the same last name and the wallet but not to be I guess. Get a St Louis Cardinals one!

• Lindsay Resnick | December 25, 2016 at 5:35 pm |

I’ve been participating for five or six years and have never won anything :'( but that’s OK… the wallet was awesome though!

• Will S | December 25, 2016 at 7:52 pm |

Must be around the same length of time for me – also without a prize.

Maybe one of us will win next year; speaks to the popularity of this site – in any case, it’s better odds than the lottery.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and all that to Paul and his associates, the regular contributors, and all who come to the site.

• Stephen Rigby | December 26, 2016 at 5:20 am |

Absolutely think that this is the best look for the Rams, I thought the white horns looked awful when they went with that. I agree on the trees in the background, reminds me of the Orange bowl when the Dolphins used to play there!

• Marc-Louis Paprzyca | December 28, 2016 at 3:28 pm |